Sunday 1 March 2009

Accepting the self indulgence

Starting this blog is pure self-indulgence: Who else cares?

After all, if anyone cares enough to read it and even to post responses, this will only please, horrify or otherwise affect me myself; unless a fruitful discussion gets going between posters, that is.

Here's hoping!

The entries made may be on entirely random subjects as my interests are very diverse: I know a little about a lot. In other words, I know enough to know that I know very little about anything. The joy is in the thinking, the exploration, the learning.

Clashes of opinion are stimulating and welcome; with the presupposition that my own opinion will, in the end, prevail. How could it be otherwise? Either I was right all along, or you will have convinced me to alter my position and therefore my opinion: A little arrogance. A little flexibility. A great deal of good humour and an appreciation of absurdity. So we go forward.

There will be snippets and questions, opinions and rants, rhymes both trivial and impenetrable, science and thinking, enjoyment of the richness of language and a measure of pedantic mumbling.

There will also be great gaps of nowt.

............................................

Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment